8/08/2014

My Summer Pics, part two

Hello,

Today I'm sharing the second part of my summer vacation.  We visited Cabo Rojo
Lighthouse.  It is called the "Lighthouse of the Red Cliffs".
This historical lighthouse was built in 1881.  As you will see the view is breathtaking!


















Our next stop was to a forest called "La Marquesa" in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico.
Here we enjoyed seeing different species of birds, enjoyed the butterfly conservatory, and hiked
through the forest.
















Hiking through the forest.


This is the view from the top of a tower.


Next is our tour of Old San Juan.  There are lots of places to see from the Fort of San
Cristobal and of course  "The Morro"  (Fort of San Felipe del Morro) which is one of our main attractions.  You can enjoy walking down the cobblestone streets
of Old San Juan and the promenade which is lined up with street vendors.


















A couple of my friends had mentioned a cave they explored and said that once you
reached the end of the cave the view was extraordinary, a must see.
I had heard of it but to walk inside a cave...where God knows what you might find inside!
Well I made sure we had bottled water, repellent spray and a flashlight.

The cave is called "Cueva Ventana" (the window cave) and
it is in the town of Utuado.

This is a trip we took last year but I wanted to share it with you today since I am posting
various sightseeing places throughout Puerto Rico.




We had to hike up a bit to reach the entrance of the cave.






This is the view once you come to the end of the cave.






You won't believe how fast I snapped this photo and rushed them to walk away
from the ledge lol.


These are only a couple of places in Puerto Rico that I have shown you.
We have a wide range of activities you can do
from kayaking, zipline to sightseeing.

I hope you have enjoyed my photos from my vacation and when you
are planning yours please consider visiting us.



Here is a website to help you plan your vacation to my beautiful island.

http://www.seepuertorico.com

Until next time,
Ana
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment